Happy Friday, Miami! Here’s everything you need to know in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wet with a thunderstorm in places. High: 84 Low: 82.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach customers in Miami. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five stories from today in Miami:
1. International entrepreneur Sasha Krilov and global restaurateur Misha Zelman will open the doors of their new culinary joint venture, Klaw Restaurant, on June 3 in the historic Miami Woman’s Club building. The duo made the announcement on Wednesday. (Miami crest)
2. The man driving a BMW involved in a fatal collision in Miramar is now behind bars. According to the arrest report, Oscar Penaranda was surrendering 104 miles per hour in a 45 MPH zone before crashing into a beige 2003 Toyota pickup truck around 8 p.m. on February 4 in the 11900 block of Miramar Parkway. (NBC Miami)
3. A Hialeah woman who police say shot a food truck with nearby customers was in court Thursday. Jennifer Hernandez, 26, was vscharged with five counts of attempted first degree murder and is being held without bail. (WPLG Local 10)
4. For its 2022 event, Wynwood Pride is looking to go even further with totwo-day music festival at the RC Cola factory and a day full of activations. Headlining the festival are Azealia Banks and Welsh pop singer-songwriter Marina. (Miami New Times)
5. Vale Food Co. is about to open the seventh location of its Florida-grown restaurant brand in Miami’s financial district, Brickell. Led by CEO and Founder Sunny Ilyas, Vale Food Co. attracts locals and visitors alike with its extensive line of healthy, high-quality protein, acai and poke bowls alongside a full selection of beverages and bakeries. . (Miami Beach)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can rely on, while keeping your home safe.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Miami:
- Video games afternoon at the Allapattah branch library. (3 p.m.)
- National Pizza Day at the Miami wharf. (4 p.m.)
- Our Hidden Worlds Ribbon Cutting at the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce. (4:45 p.m.)
- Cuban Independence Music – Celebrating the Big Names of Jazz and Afro Cuban at the MDCA On.Stage Black Box Theatre. (8 p.m.)
- Ball & Chain Miami Bohemian. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Join the Ocean Drive Association for a performance by the New World Symphony Chamber Ensemble Sunday May 22. (Twitter)
- Two men are behind bars Miami-Dade County for their alleged roles in a shooting that took place earlier this year. Two men, Kevon Jinks and Howard Solomon, are facing charges stemming from a North Miami Beach shooting that occurred Feb. 15 near Northeast 169th Street and Fourth Court. (WPLG Local 10)
- From January 2020 to April 2022, peak-hour data usage on the Verizon network in Miami increased by 364%, the company said. During this period, more than a quarter of a million Verizon wireless customers moved to Florida. (The Next Miami)
- Last month, to kick off the first Miami Beer Week, the Gabriel Miami launched a new tour in collaboration with Miami Brew Bus, offering customers their own beer concierge service. (Miami New Times)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Orchestra Miami wraps up its 15th anniversary season with an evening with Wendy Pedersen (May 21)
- Best of the Best Music Fest (May 29)
- Add your event
Alright, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at email@example.com